about things I like and things you might like too :)

Friday 6 August 2010

Breaded mushrooms

My breaded mushrooms are rather good, even if I do say so and so easy to make. They make a lovely starter and I serve 5 each, with a little salad and some garlic vegan mayo.
Most breaded mushroom recipes call for an egg in to make the breadcrumbs stick to the mushrooms, but I substitute this for some unsweetened soya milk. So here it goes...

Breaded Mushrooms

10 closed cup mushrooms or button mushrooms
10g plain flour
50g breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of unsweetened soya milk

Always clean the mushrooms beforehand!
Coat each mushroom in flour, shake off any extra mixture. Then dip in the milk, then the breadcrumbs!
Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
Alternatively, they are great lightly fried in olive oil, if you're feeling adventurous.


No comments:

Post a Comment