about things I like and things you might like too :)

Monday 5 July 2010

Eggless Egg & Cress sandwiches

I do miss my egg sandwiches, especially the ones from Pret a Manger. But I've come up with the perfect vegan eggless egg sandwich. They are made using firm tofu, some vegan mayo and of course, cress!

Egg sandwiches minus the bleurghness and cruelty! :)


Eggless Egg & Cress Sandwiches
Perfect for picnics, but why not try for brunch with some skinny fries and ketchup!


Egg mayo sandwich by drywontonmee.


You'll need:
1 pack of firm tofu (I use Cauldron)
Your favourite bread/bagels or even pitta pockets
1/2 cup of vegan mayo (I love love love Life Free From Mayo)
1 tsp of tumeric
1 cup of cress
1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
Salt & pepper


What to do:
Mash the tofu with a fork in a large bowl
Add all your other ingredients to the tofu - not the bread or the cress!
Mix well and add more mayo if needed
Load your bread with the mixture, top with the cress and enjoy!


So easy and well tasty!

Peace & Love.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment