about things I like and things you might like too :)

Saturday 3 July 2010

Cutesy Vegan Cupcakes

So last week, my mum asked if I could make her some cupcakes for the school summer fete.

I didn't need persuading and whipped out my wooden spoons there and then!

After making mum's non-vegan cakes, I had quite a bit of flour left, and loads of cake cases. So never one to let things go to waste I decided to knock up a few vegan cakes.

Here's the outcome.



The food colourings are all vegan, along with the decorations.

I used this recipe from shmooed food: http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/fluffy-white-cupcakes.html. Minus the coconut extract as I'm badly allergic.

For the icing/frosting I used a regular buttercream recipe but replaced the butter for vegan margarine. It was no different and very yummy.

They were just perfect and I will be making them again, definitely!

My boyfriend helped decorate them with me, so much fun, plus they looked adorable.


Love & Peace.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment